Okay so first, I have to give a shout out to my fellow blogger Liesl over at Pretty.Random.Things. for nominating me for the Sunshine award! Thank you so much for not making me feel like Leonardo DiCaprio at the Oscars! I'm extremely flattered.
So now since I was nominated, (and those of you who are nominated by me) must do the following...
1. Display the award on my blog
2. Say "thank you" to the wonderful person that nominated me
3. Post 10 interesting things about myself
4. Nominate some of my favorite blogs
5. Link to the nominated blogs and let them know I've nominated them.
And now for 10 "interesting" things about me....well they might not ALL be interesting, but they're things about me. So...enjoy?
1. I'm a lefty and therefore come across many troubles like using spiraled notebooks and smearing ink on my hand when I'm writing notes. (fml)
2. My great grandfather invented the popcorn machine (the kind you see in movie theaters). So that kind of makes me famous by default right?
3. Messy rooms make me anxious. I don't know why, but Hoarders on TLC might have something to do with this.
4. I developed a food allergy to avocados. Sad times.
5. If you talk to me before I've had my coffee or workout, prepare to dodge whatever thing I throw at you...verbally or physically.
6. I can't stand people who ask questions they can easily find the answer to themselves.
7. I'm more likely to smile at a pet than its owner. I know, sounds awful.
8. When I start reading a magazine, I instantly judge its layout/format and look for errors (editor syndrome).
9. I find it impossible to sleep in past 9a.m.
10. If I don't write it down in my calendar, it's not going to happen.
Some blogs that I would like to nominate for the Sunshine Award (because they are full of amazing/
1. Let Life Be Like Music
2. Living on Sweet Tea
3. Rants of a single twenty-something dreamer
4. A Girl and Her Sparkles
5. The Other Juliette
As for my Friday Finds, many probably know about these things, but I must share just-in-case you don't.
HauteLook and Gilt.com
For those of you who love labels and don't always have the bank account to satisfy your inner fashionista, HauteLook and Gilt.com are musts. They have daily events from certain designers that are all discounted. Foaming at the mouth yet? I found a dress for my bridal shower that was originally over $250 and got it for less than half that amount during one of Gilt's events. If you need to find a fancy dress that you'll most likely only wear once, I highly suggest going through one of these routes. Unless you're made of money...then continue spending your money frivolously.
I swear I'm never going to pay full-price for an electronic accessory ever again thanks to Groupon Goods! I've used Groupon before, but never really got into their products! I've been patiently waiting for Groupon to add some keyboard options for the iPad Air and just yesterday, BOOM. I saw it there. I got an amazing bluetooth keyboard/folio for $27 (had a $10 discount) for what was originally $80. How's THAT for being thrifty? I'm so beyond excited to get it because finger-pecking on my tablet is not how I want to create my future word documents/blog posts. Hint, you can get a $10 discount off of your order if you download their app on your phone or other device.
I'm really trying to incorporate more tea in my life since it just has so many amazing benefits. I found this stress relief and energizing tea. I had no idea there was a type of tea that relieved stress....where in the world was this tea when I was hanging by a thread in college? What about the time when my furbaby had to have surgery and was on the brink of a mental breakdown? We'll have to see about this "stress relief" tea. I'm definitely a skeptic to the core. If this is a fail, I can always go back to my fail-safe...wine.
Nike Training Club
Can't go to the gym because of their crappy hours? No prob! I absolutely LOVE this app since my gym's hours kind of suck and my work hours are obscene these days. Oh and did I mention it's free? You can download certain workouts according to what you want to work, how much time AND you don't need a lot of equipment at home. If you don't know how the heck to do some moves (they have crazy names for some exercises) you can see an example of someone doing the exercise. Genius. I'm all about being able to multi-task and this app allows me to still get in an awesome workout and watch The New Girl all at the same time. It really is the only exercise app I've come across that acts like your own little personal trainer. I mean if you wanted to, you could have gym time right there in the office. You can also download some celeb workouts. I just saw Jessica Alba's abs in the new Sin City trailer teaser...NTC better get on that workout stat...I need it.
This weekend is going to be full of wedding planning madness. I need to prep my invites so I can send those out and then finalize my centerpiece ideas! Time for that "stress relief" tea!
What is everyone else up to this weekend? :)