Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer Nights & Tornados

So here we are, Monday. Womp. I'm coming off of a weekend high that was filled with awesome bestie time and max calories. But seriously, there was no stopping me. It was ridiculous. Let's just say MyFitnessPal saw limited entries from me after I had to log four Summer Shandy's and giant-sized smores. My best friend since our Rugrats and Doug years graduated nursing school (as I stated previously last week) and her grad party was on Saturday. SO proud of her. She graduated with honors and will pretty much be the most amazing nurse ever.


She's seriously the queen of Pinterest wins whereas I am the quintessential Pinterest fail. She created little stations for things that were all medical-related such as little medicine cups filled with M&Ms, Twizzlers to represent clogged arteries, Jello shots in syringes and chocolate-covered pretzels that were made to look like thermometers! Genius, I tell you.




I seriously stuffed my face with all of these things and with their fam being Italian, yeah let's just say I didn't behave and let my inner carbaholic run wild. Later on we had a bonfire and had giant-sized smores. I couldn't even fit the damn thing in my mouth. (That's what she said).

But really, these photos are all signs of summer.


Did stuffing my face stop there? Nope. Sunday luckily started off with an intense, morning run because uhhh I needed to reverse some damage, went over to Josh's to swim later on in the day and then stuffed my face some more. It was a lot of fun making our own pizzas though. We made our own dough and chose what toppings we wanted on them. Eat your heart out every fast food pizza place ever!



Yummmm.

Once our stomachs were full of pizza, we watched a movie and I headed home to get ready for bed....when all of a sudden 2a.m. hit and I got the most obnoxious weather alert on my phone stating that there was a tornado warning and to seek shelter. Greeeaatttt. Luckily, nothing actually touched down and there were just rotation sitings nearby. I'm a huge baby about things like this though and Apollo and Luigi were right there with me in the basement until it passed through. (They don't like severe weather either and I have scratch marks to show for it). This reminded me though that Apollo needs another shavedown. Both of them could have fit in their large carrier if absolutely necessary had Apollo been de-fluffed to an extent. In full fluff mode, he's like the size of two kitties.

Also, I just discovered Starbucks' new iced teas and I'm pretty much dying over the Green Tea Peach Lemonade one. Go out and try it...like now. It'll help you get through your Monday.


Cheers!!






14 comments:

  1. OMG I seriously have the biggest fear of tornados! I don't get that little warning on my phone very often but when I do I turn into a crazy person LOL! I can't imagine getting it at 2 am when I was fast asleep. No bueno! That nursing party is adorable! What great details!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me started on how scary tornadoes are! The fear hits too close to home here.

    I saw the green tea lemonade the other day on my Starbucks app. I need to go! Yum!

    All those medical related foods are so cute! I don't know how people come up with this stuff?!?! Looks like the party was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to turn on the weather alerts for my phone again we have been having crazy weather here too and I would sleep right thru it! Damn those smores!!! And Green Tea Peach Lemonade sounds heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were the cutest little snacks ever... omg I want a giant smores!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg pizza. I had that last night!! And did you know that Starbucks serves soda now??? I just remembered. I'm going today after kids wake up from the nap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha i didn't even use myfitnesspal with all the stuff i ate this weekend. whoopsies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loveeee the new Starbucks iced teas!! And s'mores and summer shandy?! Sounds like my kind of summer night!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lemonade is now officially on my to-do list!!!! That looked like a perf summer weekend, chica!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eat all the food!!!!! Those pizzas look so good! After too many vacation eats I am trying to clean it up too. Tornadoes are scary, glad it didn't touch down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't drink coffee so I've long been a Starbucks tea addict. My favorite, and go-to, is the unsweetened green tea but I'm not opposed to branching out. Which I might do later on my way home from errands.

    S'mores are delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great weekend! I love all those little nurse themed treats! Too cool! I love me some smores! They are SO worth the calories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummmm seriously where was Pinterest when I graduated nursing school?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stop it... those are such cute snack ideas!!! I remember a bar that used to put their Jello shots in syringes in Canada, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like an aweomse party! Very creative!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete