The before photo on the left was before starting the challenge (and before my birthday tattoo ha) and the after is my bod as of today.
Measurements aside, I feel AWESOME. I constantly feel energized and even after a treacherous day at work, I still have enough oomph in my step to work it out each day. I've been mixing cardio with weights every other day and giving myself one rest day. I'm also digging the slight color I'm seeing thanks to seeing some flippin' sun lately around Chicagoland!
While meal replacement shakes were an option for breakfast during the cleanse phase, it's mandatory during the max phase. Had I known this, I would have rationed my favorite mint chocolate brownie replacement shakes...the chocolate isn't nearly as good but still tastes alright.
And any hubby who massages my feet after a long run is a keeper amiright??? He's been so supportive. You can't ask for anything more! Okay maybe a few more minutes longer on that foot massage.... ;)
The best thing about this challenge is that it really doesn't make you schedule your day according to what you need to do in order to stay on task with it. For a busy person such as myself, this was a huge factor.
Here are some tips I've found to be useful for me!
- Keep a huge water bottle by you throughout the day so you just mindless reach for it.
- Don't be a cardio hog, lift as well.
- Hire a motivator (friend, hubs, etc...) they've kept tabs on me which has motivated me to keep up with my training.
- Create a rewards system for yourself that doesn't involve food! (i.e. new workout gear or a new dress that you're DYING to get.)
- Take progress pics. This has made me be more self-aware of where I'm at and where I want to be.
- Read fitness-related material and follow other fitness-focused people on social media to keep your fitness goals in check and on the brain!
- Allow yourself to still eat what you're craving, but think about how much you want it first and don't overindulge. Eat until you're satisfied, not until your skinny jeans need to be unbuttoned.
I hope everyone else has a happy Friday and gets to see their favorite people this weekend! I know I am!! Cheers!