Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Rewind

So yet another Halloween has come and gone. I of course LOVE this holiday despite all of the people dressed up like prostitutes. Josh and I attended my friend's costume party dressed as Alice and the Mad Hatter.


Halloween also isn't complete if a trip to a pumpkin patch is not made. Josh and I made our way to Tom's Farm Market where we picked out the perfect pumpkin to carve and picked up some freshly baked apple cider donuts. They couldn't make them fast enough as a line was forming outside of the kitchen area! I could have just sat there all day inhaling the yummy donut aromas. I also tried a pumpkin spice latte from there to compare with my beloved Starbucks version and I must say it was pretty good too. I picked out a winner to carve for this year!


After we went home armed with our goodies and pumpkin, we kicked back and engaged in my personal tradition of watching It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. I don't care how old I get, it's a must-see. Hocus Pocus is another movie I have to see before Halloween comes to an end. I had no shame in indulging in one of those amazing donuts either or maybe I had two...between these and the Halloween candy lingering about the house...I might as well live in pants with elastic waistbands.


Josh helped me gut my pumpkin to prep for the carving. I for one am no pumpkin carving artist, but it's a tradition and the hardest part was coming up with an idea that I can actually follow through with and not completely eff up.


To go with the Alice in Wonderland theme we had going on, I decided to carve the Cheshire cat! I think it turned out quite cute and was a success in my book. :)


Since Halloween day landed on a workday I slaved over my signature pumpkin spice cupcakes for the coworkers. I also made chocolate-covered ghost cookies. Both were huge hits as my boss indulged in three of the cupcakes. WIN.


No comments:

Post a Comment