Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Love Me Do

Josh and I celebrated seven years of true love together over the weekend. I always told myself that love at first sight is for fools but when I remember when I first met Josh, I knew there was something different about him. I felt this spark that never happened before and now here we are...engaged and toasting to our love that seems to grow stronger every single day. I'm so lucky to have found someone who supports me, can make me smile on my rainiest of days, and makes me be an overall better person. I mean seriously, after all this time he met me at my door with a dozen roses before we left for our anni dinner. 


 We made our way to Jameson's Charhouse, an amazing place to go for top-notch steak. Although the place has some issues actually holding up to reservations, we sat down and ordered drinks (I of course indulged in some Riesling) and vowed to myself that I would order a pumpkin spice martini by the night's end. Josh ordered the New York strip steak and I ordered a delicious filet mignon kabob. Before our entrees, house salads and a choice of soup is also served so needless to say...we were absolutely stuffed after dinner.


However, I vowed that I WOULD not leave until I tried the pumpkin spice martini. It was a mix of pumpkin liquor, pumpkin flavored vodka, vanilla liquor and topped with cinnamon.


Our waitress was great and as if we weren't stuffed enough, she knew we were out celebrating our anniversary so she served us a piece of amazing Tiramisu cake on the house! Normally I'm not too much of a fan for this particular dessert but it was a piece of heaven. Between my pumpkin spice martini and the dessert...my tastebuds were on cloud nine.


The following night on our actual anniversary day, we saw Lincoln which was a wonderfully done film....although a little boring. It would have helped if there was some more action but Daniel Day-Lewis better get an Oscar for that role! For my anni present he booked a weekend at a fabulous spa hotel at the heart of downtown Chicago, the Dana Spa and Hotel. I cannot WAIT. It'll be a great precursor to Christmas too since we will be going the weekend before! Bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment