Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Fall Into Insanity

So now that I've blown off blogging since late July, it is now my favorite time of the year...FALL. No, it's not just the pumpkin everythingness (pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin patches the Great Pumpkin etc.) it is the weather, layered clothing, the beautiful trees around my house changing colors and it also means that the holidays are just around the corner. Oh and that my wedding is now seven months away instead of two years from now. Since my engagement, I know of four other people who got engaged and married so it's safe to say that I'm ready to fricken get hitched already! Of course having said that, I feel like my world is upside down as I go through all of these major life changes all at once.

They say that the three most stressful things you can experience in your life include moving, changing jobs and your relationship status. I am now experiencing ALL of those things at once since Josh and I need to look for a house, we're planning our wedding and he's now in the middle of gaining a great opportunity for himself regarding his career path. I'm surprised I'm not on a million anxiety meds right now to calm me down. I mean really, this is a lot for one person to handle and sometimes I'm on the brink of a psychotic break.


Right now it feels like my life is at a point where everything is in limbo, but I do like to think I have my shit together to a certain degree. I mean, I've gotten through months of serious wedding planning and haven't severely injured my mother yet so that's got to count for something. I am also reminded that dealing with one like mine should be considered an Olympic sport (it really should). Move the hell over Michael Phelps, I have 25 gold medals that should be coming my way.

I am also reminded that I really should be grateful for where I'm at with my career right now and mind you, I am. Things can get pretty crazy, but I can honestly say that I LOVE what I do for a living and that's the best feeling. Succeeding in my career is one of the most important factors in my life and having done that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I frequently reward myself with pumpkin spice lattes (very dangerous when my wedding dress should be ready for alterations soon). Crap.

Since my blogging hiatus, I've finished some more races including the Chicago Women Rock 5k, 10k and Half Marathon. I ran the 10k course with some friends and my mom and Josh's mom walked the 5k. I was SO proud of them considering my mom is approaching the big 6-0 this week. To motivate everyone toward the finish line, they had a bunch of hard bodies handing us our medals.


 The race benefited charities dedicated to women and this was by far one of the most fun races I've done. You even got to celebrate with champagne afterward. Because everyone feels like consuming alcohol after a race right? Well yes, that's what I did. Two glasses. Like a boss.


 My mom thought she couldn't do it and was starting to make excuses to get out of it, BUT she rocked it just like I knew she would. Now I have my Perfect 10 race at Navy Pier to look forward to in November. This one is especially very dear to my heart since it benefits cancer research.


One of the best things about fall is that it provides perfect weather to run in and it makes me feel better about my pumpkin spice latte consumption. Until next time...










No comments:

Post a Comment