Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Finding The Silver Lining

So here I am...a month later...and my life couldn't seem any crazier or hectic. On the scale of LiLo to Amanda Bynes, I'm about to join whatever nuthouse those two checked into sooner rather than later. I'm working myself to the bone at work, trying to plan a wedding and trying to figure out this whole "getting a house" thing all at once. It's a miracle I haven't turned to some kind of illegal narcotic by now. Luckily, I have an amazing family, fiancee and friends to make sure I pick myself back up and dust off my heels whenever I fall down...either from pure exhaustion or just because life is full of WONDERFUL surprises...I am so very thankful for them. A few weekends ago, I was able to have some quality mom time and took her to go see Wicked. It was one of the best plays I've ever seen! I loved everything about it and I don't blame people for seeing it multiple times! Before the show, we went to The Walnut Room, ate amazing food and drank the best martini creations ever. It was our kickoff to the Christmas season.


Fast forward from that moment a little bit and we bring ourselves to celebrating eight amazing years with my future hubs and Thanksgiving...X3. Yes, I managed to survive three Thanksgiving family gatherings and only rolled away 3lbs heavier (which is a miracle). I knew those cheesy casseroles and stuffing had it out for me and were ready to sabotage Operation Wedding Dress...NOT THIS TIME. I even went to a 90-minute boxing class Thanksgiving morning to prepare for the caloric damage I was sure to partake in later that day. This year, I had a lot to be thankful for despite all of the craziness in my life and without this guy below, I don't know how I would have made it through.


As for other people and/or things that keep me sane right now...I present to you....shaved Apollo. He actually likes his Blackhawks jersey until he grows some warm fluff back.


 And then there is Luigi...he loves his classy, Christmas bow tie. If any of you ladies are looking for a date...he's available.


These two partners in crime were good too as the Christmas decorations and shiny, clinky ornaments were being hung on the tree. So far, I've watched a few movies that MUST be watched before Christmas including "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation," "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown" and "Elf." I'm also ahead on my Christmas shopping....although I always say that and then I never wrap anything until the night before. The one Christmas wish I have this year is to HOPEFULLY find the perfect starter home before the wedding or soon thereafter...because quite frankly..I no longer enjoy watching House Hunters and any other show on HGTV just gives me anxiety.






1 comment: