So in the spirit of me getting nominated and it being National Margarita Day, I ask you to raise that glass to yourself for being so full of awesomeness just by reading my blog. *clink *clink
By being nominated for this award, there are rules. I'm down with that, especially since they're nothing crazy like run around naked in your backyard (it's a little too cold for that).
Liebster Award Rules-State 11 facts about yourself
-Answer 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you
-Nominate 11 new bloggers and set 11 questions for them to answer. Oh, and these bloggers are supposed to be new bloggers or bloggers with less than 200 followers.
-Include the Liebster Award logo in your post and/or the side bar.
11 Fun Facts About ME
1. I have a weird phobia against sleeping by windows. Who knows if someone is going to reach from the outside and kidnap you? (Yes I watch too much Law and Order/ Criminal Minds)
2. If anything is wrong with my car, my dad is on speed dial. I don't even know how to change a tire. Sad I know.
3. I love my kitties so much, if it were a choice between feeding myself or my cats...I would feed them first...obviously.
4. I have a hard time accepting people in my life who don't like The Beatles.
5. Conspiracy theorists annoy the @#$% out of me
6. I'm never to be trusted with a birthday cake frap from Starbucks...way too delicious
7. I love to speak in movie/Seinfeld quotes
8. If a Law & Order, Criminal Minds or Hoarders marathon is on, I can forget about any other plans I had for that day.
9. I'm an absolute workaholic. I have a really hard time going on vacation and completely leaving all of my work behind for a long period time. Weird I know.
10. If I find any kind of spider in the house, I'd rather blow up the damn place than kill it myself.
11. I can spend hours in a bookstore even though I have a bookcase full of books I have yet to read. (It's a problem I know).
Questions Jackie Marie Had For Me
1. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Hmmm my most embarrassing moment would have to be when I was a wee intern for the Chicago Tribune. I was in the elevator and who was next to me? One of my fav journalists that I looked up to the most who was also on his way to do an interview. My pen subsequently exploded all over his white-collared shirt. To say that I wanted to crawl into a hole and die would be an understatement.
2. If you had to have the same thing for dinner every night for the rest of your life, what would you want that dinner to be?
Ooo this is a tough one...I would have to say some type of grilled salmon dish.
3. If you could invite one celebrity over for dinner, who would that be? Why?
Hmmm I would have to say Paul McCartney obviously since he was one of my fav Beatles and just judging by his concert alone, he'd have the BEST stories.
4. What is your favorite movie?
Omg hardest question ever...I'd have to say a few of them would have to be Pulp Fiction, Across the Universe or
5. What are your top 3 guilty pleasures?
Watching weird documentaries or shows on TLC like Hoarders or My 600lb Life, dancing around to 90's music and watching ridiculous JLo chick flicks.
6. What is the most embarrassing song on your iPod?
Taylor Swift- Romeo & Juliet
7. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
Hmmm let's go with Katy Perry's "Roar"
8. If you had the chance to be a contestant on a game show, which game show would you pick?
I don't really watch game shows but I'll go with Price Is Right!
9. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Mint Chocolate Chip hands down
10. What is your favorite book?
Man these are tough, but I'd go with The Great Gatsby as being one of them
11. What websites do you visit most frequently?
Blogger (obviously), Pinterest, New York Times, Adweek, Amazon
I nominate the following 11 bloggers:
- A Bit Unaware
- High Heels & Treadmills
- Beauty Blether
- City Mermaid
- Mary from the Mitten
- Heart & Kin
- The Blonder Side of Life
- Twenty-Something in Toronto
- Tinybear Inc.
- Diary of a Mad Housewife
- One-Way Ticket to ONEderland
These bloggers are awesome and amazing and definitely deserve to be recognized as well!