So last night was the Oscars and if any of you were fans of American Hustle, you're very bitter today too. Poor Leonardo DiCaprio was snubbed yet again by the Academy, although that was to be expected. Although Leo's ability to act like a drug addict was quite impressive, no Oscar for you. Try again next year. I did however feel bad for Jonah Hill, although he had no chance against Jared Leto. I knew 12 Years A Slave was going to win best picture too, although I was secretly hoping that American Hustle would. Here are my top 10 Oscar highlights that made it all worth watching.
1. Ellen DeGeneres. She should just host everything from now on.
2. Jennifer Lawrence faceplanting while stepping out of her limo
3. Brad Pitt and Kevin Spacey distributing paper plates and pizza to other A-listers
4. My fiancee confusing Kim Basinger with Bette Midler's performance
5. Awright, Awright, Awright
6. People actually had noteworthy acceptance speeches, they actually apologized for having paper in front of them instead of the classic "omg I don't have a speech prepared"
7. Chris Hemsworth...because...Chris Hemsworth
8. The mass selfie that Ellen took that crashed Twitter (thank you for making my life complete)
9. Goldie Hawn showing us that you can still smile despite how many botox injections you've had
10. All of the awkward mispronunciations (i.e. John Travolta calling Idina Menzel, "Adele Dazim" close enough right?
This weekend was overall just crazy. Between working on my huge project for work, seeing Josh's sister's play and managing some other client work, I'm lucky I got more than a few hours of sleep each night! Make that a triple shot of espresso, good sir.
Josh's sister was great in her play though. She's part of a production group outside of school called Spotlight and she's really found her niche in chorus and being in theater. I give her SO much cred for going up there and doing her thing. Although it seems to feel so natural for her, I could NEVER go up on stage in front of so many people and remember all sorts of lines. Just forget it. I'm lucky if I can remember what I had for breakfast that morning. I'm sure I'll be seeing her accept her Oscar or Tony award in the future. I'm such a proud future sis-in-law.
Josh and I did have one night to ourselves though which felt amazing. There's nothing like enjoying a fancy dinner with your other half and discussing wedding plans. TWO MONTHS PEOPLE. And as if you haven't noticed already, I'll probably be including a wedding countdown in basically every other post until this event of the year actually happens. What can I say? I love the guy and I'm ridiculously excited.
Let's not forget that my dress fitting is in a couple of weeks and that wine glass pictured above HAS to be my last. No more empty cals for this one! Or at least I can try....I might be just setting myself up for failure. HOWEVER I will be eating clean and sticking to my workouts as planned...unless Brad Pitt decides to come over and serve me a slice of pizza. Then how can I decline? That would just be rude.
How was your weekend, my fabulous bloggers??? Are you as dead to the world as I am today? Hopefully not. :D