Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas & Happy New Year!

Well there goes another Christmas. While the festivities will last for a couple more days around this house, I'm sad that it's officially over. It came and went WAY too fast as usual and I'm pouting about it. I can never really have enough time with my extended fam. The weekend before Christmas my mom managed to convince my sister, my grandmother and me to go to the Walnut Room at Macy's...Macy's the weekend before Christmas. I'm lucky I wasn't trampled along the way. They should have handed out flasks of hard liquor at the door to prep your for the utter chaos inside. We did some shopping and enjoyed our dinner at The Walnut Room later on. That Christmas tree in the center never seems to get old, even when I see it every year.





It was then when I got Christmas present #1 & #2. My Michael Kors Hamilton handbag and Kate Spade Gramercy watch. SWOON. I love them.


I was lucky enough to get Christmas Eve off of work so I could prep for Christmas party #1 for Josh's side of the family. I of course ate and especially drank too much. Because...it's not Christmas until something other than the Christmas tree gets lit. Once we got home, Josh and I also exchanged our gifts. He got me a great bottle of wine for our growing wine rack and a pair of Marc Jacobs heels. LOVE. If I ever have any doubt about my fam knowing me, that is rectified during this time of the year as well. Their gifts were absolutely perfect. Little Mermaid fleece pants? My inner child is screaming in delight and I'm dying to dive into this Stephen King book on writing. I also was lucky enough to score some new workout/running gear, a beautiful Kate Spade Gramercy gold watch and a nifty bluetooth hookup for my car that connects to my phone so I can stop having illegal conversations on my phone while I'm driving. (Only hands-free is allowed these days).


I also managed to paint my own nails without one of my hands looking like a child went at them. Stunned.


On Christmas day, my parents were hosting this year and Swedish meatballs were on the dinner menu. HALLELUJAH MY FAV. This recipe is my grandmother's best I must say and there is NOTHING like it. I ate my weight in them. My cousin's birthday is also on Christmas so it's always a dual celebration!


My grandmother also handed out very old ornaments that she always had on her Christmas tree to each of the grandchildren as her gifts and it will be the most cherished. Both Josh and I got to pick one out. Speaking of ornaments, I can't forget a photo of our ornament recognizing our first Christmas as a Mr. & Mrs.!!! Josh's Aunt always gives us the cutest, personalized ornament each year and this one just might be my favorite next to the one she had made for our engagement.


Once all of the Christmas parties were all said and done, it was time to start prepping for our first party at our house for New Year's Eve! It was originally only supposed to be a few people, but ended up being a huge family gathering of over 20 people. Whoops? The more the merrier!


My sister and I consumed more wine than anyone else of course, but we closed out 2014 in style and with a kiss of course! 2014 served me well, I received so many new writing opportunities, tied the knot and bought our first house.


The party was a success and now our house really does feel like home. I've never been so happy to clean the aftermath of a party before. But now I can officially say that my fest of indulging in all things bad is over, I kicked it into high gear and went for a night run and engaged in an intense weights session in my new workout gear!


I absolutely love the holidays and I'm so sad now that they're over, but I'm ready to kick off 2015 in the best way and I can't wait what this year has to bring. Happy New Year everyone!










7 comments:

  1. First and foremost, Happy New Year! I love your presents they are too cute. And your nails look really good, I always have the same issue...my left hand always looks perfect and my right hand looks like a child did it. I want those pants, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of that watch and bag! I still want a rose gold watch, but I haven't found the perfect one yet. I need to get my booty back in workout mode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl... you got some awesome gifts!! Looks like a great Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an awesome holiday filled with family and friends! Love your new pumps. I'm obsessed with ankle straps... just bought a pair of flats with them. Happy New Year!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You scored some sweet gear girly! The new workout gear being the best though! ;) Here's to an awesome 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new year girly! love the bag and that watch is soooo pretty! and do I spy Ariel PJs?! i am not so great at painting my nails either, they always look like a child painted my whole hand lol. love your workout gear too, so fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those nails though!
    And those pants! I'm going on the hunt for my own pair now with the money I don't have :))

    ReplyDelete