I absolutely love the holidays and everyone always posts all of the wonderful and amazing things that are happening. I did the same. Just look in the past couple of posts. But when it comes to multiple family gatherings, there also comes the dreaded "when are you going to have kids?" subject. I've written about this before and I'm thinking it's become a personal mission for my in-laws to make sure I get knocked up in 2015. Why? Because according to one of them, my eggs are drying up as we speak (this seriously happened). I'm going to be 27 going on 60 apparently. Watch out guys, I'll be hitting menopause and breaking my hip shortly if I go down the stairs too fast. Unfortunately confession sessions have become nonexistent since one of my fav bloggers is taking a break or permanent one....however I need to get this shit off my chest. Who's with me? Feel free to steal this badge for your holiday confessions and if you want link back :).
* I confess that I feel like it would be less work to just give up and fake a pregnancy so my in-laws can lay off. This would also give me an excuse as to why I most likely gained 20lbs in wine and Christmas cookies and act like a raging bitch all the time. See? Killed three birds with one stone. But really...
* I confess that if it's been tough ignoring my now full wine rack and junk food (thanks a lot NYE party) and I need to amp up my workouts and schedule my meals asap for the next month. There's absolutely no room for carbs.
* I confess that I cried a little taking down our Christmas tree. It's so depressing...now it's just really cold out and the lack of sparkly ornaments and hanging Christmas cards is just tragic.
* I confess that I may or may not have thrown down every F-bomb word combination to Samsung customer service for their faulty SD card which ended up deleting hundreds of photos I've taken since I bought my new phone through Christmas. Luckily I post to social media too much and have this blog otherwise I would have drawn blood. And no customer service person, I did NOT back up my photos elsewhere otherwise we wouldn't be having this heated conversation.
* I confess that I freaked the fuck out when Josh told me that my in-laws invited other people to our NYE party making it over 20+ people. Our NYE party was supposed to be immediate fam only and very low key....yeah NOPE. It turned out fine and was a great time, but when I got home from work that afternoon (thank the lord I got to leave the office early) I cracked open a bottle of wine and started to prep for the first, big party at the house that we were totally unprepared for. I was therefore trashed by 4:30p.m., baking cookies for the party while dancing to Bruno Mars in the kitchen.
* I confess that I just might start writing my book this year...but that would also mean giving zero fucks and having half of my family ostracizing me for life...okay yes this will happen.
* I confess that when the news broke that Sir Paul McCartney and Kanye West collaborated on a song....I got violently ill. Then to make matters worse, Kanye fans called Paul McCartney....A MUSIC LEGEND mind you...an "up-and-coming artist." and thanked Kanye for discovering him. Josh and I laughed ourselves to tears. How can some people breathe the same air as others? You can read the tweets here.
Bring it on 2015, I'm SO ready for you....and so is my non-existent child. But first....coffee...
Let it out everyone! What do you have to confess from the holidays?!