Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Fashion Flop?

Everyone from Jennifer Lopez to Miley Cyrus has a clothing line nowadays. So it only makes sense that none other than Mr. Kanye West created his own collection correct? Wrong. If you know me on a personal level, you also know my utter disdain

for this man. According to a few articles I've read, the collection is exclusively for women and has references to "Samurai, sporty garments, luxury garments" I don't know about all of the other women out there but I can't wait to get my hands on a pair of samurai-inspired yoga pants. Maybe I'm being too harsh? I mean sure, we haven't seen any of his collection yet. Although the ever so humble Kanye did go as far as to say that the clothing line would be "ridiculously expensive"...really Kanye? I'm almost positive that only the first part of that statement will be true. The first part...not to mention the economy right now. I am willing to spend a decent amount of money on my favorite men including-but not limited to- Oscar de la Renta, Marc Jacobs, and Michael Kors but it will be a cold day in hell before Kanye measures up to those respectable, yet also ridiculously expensive designers.

I CAN say with confidence though that the "Kardashian Kollection" for Sears is pretty much like... prostitute meets business casual. The Kardashian trio shouted "gorgeous award!!" during their commercial? Not so much. They

should have hired another clan of people to design their clothes like Kanye so it at least had a chance. I mean really, take a look at that photo to your right...I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even be caught dead wearing those dreadful outfits promotion appearances aside..,it honestly just looks like the housewives of New Jersey threw up on them. Like other celebrities, they should just stick to what they're good at...now if someone can just let me know what that is to begin with...that would be of some help. I must hand it to them though, they've managed to become famous based on zero grounds despite their reality shows on E! oh but wait, I forgot Kim broke into the music industry as her first single hit the radiowaves a while back...which was definitely a hit...a hit and a slap in the face to all reputable artists everywhere. Of course she isn't the first one to have our ears bleed. We also have Paris Hilton, another socialite and media whore to thank for her attempt to snag some album sales. At least her songs (or song?) was auto-tuned enough where her real voice was almost completely masked.

Below you can view the Sears commercial for the Kardashian Kollection...can we say clean-up in womenswear? But really, how many can say that they've turned a department store into a club? Be jealous?

No comments:

Post a Comment