Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

International Women's Day

In lieu of International Women's Day, I thought it would be a perfect time to let people in on the race I'm participating in called the Human Race 2012. I'm sponsoring Home of the Sparrow which is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting homeless women and children and has been for 25 years now. This organization does so much to help these women gain the life skills they need to better their lives and to ultimately become independent and obtain housing and employment.

I'm hoping to reach a goal of $500 at least for this great organization. Any little bit helps. Donations can be made on my secure donation page. Celebrate women by supporting this great organization! :) The following is a direct link to the donation page.

http://www.active.com/donate/mchumanrace2012/emcap

As a woman, I can reflect on this day and realize how many strong and powerful women I have in my life. I am so grateful to have been surrounded by women who have taught me to push boundaries, stay strong and to stand up for what you believe in. Although my mom and I clash at times, it's only because we're alike in so many ways. So to all of my fabulous women in my life and in the blogosphere, happy International Women's Day!

My memom and me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment