1. NSYNC. Obviously. They were my boy band of choice. I had trouble accepting friends who had a different preference...i.e. BSB, 98 Degrees, LFO etc. NSYNC was where it was at. If you didn't like them..yeah go suck on a Little Debbie Zebra cake.
2. Beanie Babies. I kid you not, my mother would have my sister and I call around to ALL of the Hallmark locations and toy stores within a fricken 100-mile radius to see if they got new Beanie Baby shipments in. My first Beanie Baby was the mouse that was worth thousands. Yeah remember that crap? A stuffed animal filled with beans was worth a grand or more since it was one of the "rare" ones...and what did I do to make sure that my dad didn't take it from me and sell it behind my back? I tore that tag off and shredded it to pieces. What a bastard child I was. Why on earth would anyone actually pay that much for a sack of beans? Oh yes of course...
3. Gel pens. Primarily the neon colors so teachers couldn't read fucking anything on the page. But that's okay, they solved that problem and came out with black notebook paper. Sorry teachers everywhere, hope your benefits included a comprehensive vision plan.
4. Cassette Tapes. A million of them. How else were you going to record your favorite songs off of the radio? You better hurry your ass up and get a blank cassette tape ready when the top 40 comes on.
5. Nickelodeon before it went to shit. Yes, I'm talking Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, Doug, Salute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of the Dark? The list goes on. Stick Stickly for the win.
Come on 90's kids, what do you miss about the '90s?? Let's hear it!