Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I Have A Confession....I'm getting married!!!!

So you're probably thinking...WHERE DID SHE GO? Well I'll tell you....I've been swallowed up by all things wedding! I'M GETTING MARRIED ON FRIDAY! TWO DAYS! Right when you think you have all of your shit together, well yeah you find out that you don't and you're missing all sorts of small things. I.e. a cake topper. Oops.

Let's do a quick rundown of my confessions with Kathy...wedding style.



+ The Knot's seating chart tool will save you a world of frustration. USE IT FELLOW BRIDES. You want to save yourself from accidentally cussing out your in-laws for changing seating arrangements at the last minute because it's such a hassle moving people around? Not with this handy website!

+ Never use Crest 3D White FlexFit whitening strips. You want to know why? Because you'll end up crying to your dentist at 7a.m. saying that your teeth are splotchy white and in my case...getting married in two fucking days. Luckily he's positive that a normal cleaning will even everything out. Apparently these types of strips were only available to dentists a little while ago since you're only supposed to use them directly after a professional cleaning. Yeah definitely doesn't say that on the directions or packaging. I hope they're prepared for the verbal assault I'm about to throw down on them.


+ I've been so stressed out and anxious, my hips shrunk a little. Doing my kettlebell workouts have helped with all of that business too though. I just plank my way through the stress. #sweatingforthewedding.


+ Josh and I are planning on not having to check our bags at the airport so that means measuring out every effing little fl. oz. and only having ONE quart-sized bag each...apparently TSA thinks I'm a magician. I mean come on, at least two bags? All of that space will be taken up by flippin' SPF 70 so I don't turn into a lobster one day into being in Barbados. Rihanna can't see me like that.We'll see how packing goes tonight after the rehearsal...one week's worth of stuff in one carry-on....challenge accepted.


+ People keep on asking me if I'm nervous and I have to say I'm not. At least not for the reason they're thinking about. I mean come on...after 8.5 years I'm pretty positive about my relationship with this guy...I'm more so freaking out about face-planting down the stairs in my dress.

+ Despite all of the last minute hold-ups, freakouts, and the "omg I forgot about that" moments, my team of people have been UH-mazing and reassuring. I can't wait to breakout those dance moves on the big day.



+ I confess I am SO flippin' ready for this wedding to go down. I'm ready to be a Mrs.!! Bring it!!


P.S. I'll try to make a last shout out on the wedding day before I go on a week-long hiatus with the hubs!



22 comments:

  1. Aww congratulations. I love weddings.I think that is why I keep getting married.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check a bag for a 2 day trip! How are going to do it for a week???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Crest owes you for your cleaning.....and money for sending you into a panic attack days before the wedding. Just sayin.'

    Perhaps you can find the bag that Hermoine uses on Harry Potter to help you with your packing issues. I mean, she had everything in that thing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEK congratulations! Hope you have the most wonderful day ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish my hips would shrink when i was anxious and stressed! jk. hope its an amazing lovely fantastic wonderful day my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! I am so excited for you! Enjoy every minute of the next 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you!!! :) Planking through the stress is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I hope you have the best wedding week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh boy!!! good luck with all the last min suff!!!!!!!! it's almost here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!!! Congratulations! Have a great wedding - enjoy every moment!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, man! I sounds like you truly do have your shit together and this is gonna be awesome! I need to be more like you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think that one quart bag rule thing is ridiculous. as if a plastic bag will suddenly deactivate a plutonium filled dropper jar!

    thanks for linking up!! yyyeeeaaahhh for the wedding!!!!!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  13. wont you be able to buy sunscreen when you're there? that's what i'd do, then use my quart bag to pack nips of rum

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2 days! How exciting! I hope your special day goes off without a hitch! Enjoy every moment and don't get too caught up in the little stuff. That's my advice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!! At least you've got a great excuse for a blogging hiatus! My hiatuses are usually just because I'm lazy. Lol. And now that I'm planning my wedding, I'll make sure to not forget the cake topper. Or use Crest strips. Can't wait to read your wedding posts when you get back!!

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gahhhhhhh! So exciting!!! I can't wait to see all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats!!!! Kudos for not checking a bag! Idk how you do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So close!! How exciting! Hope you have a beautiful day for your wedding. You have packing skills if you can do just one carry on!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. SO excited for you and looking forward to lots of photos!!! OMG that bleach strip 911 sounds devastating!!! My dad's a dentist and he made me trays that I put gel into. I've had one instance where I got a little blotch...if it was before my wedding, I'd die! Luckily nowadays Photoshop can save lives. :) Happy prepping!

    ReplyDelete
  20. congrats on getting married. can't wait to see how everything plays thru.

    nightowlventing02.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. As of right now, you're a married lady! Congrats!

    xo,
    Al
    www.sparklesandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woohooo for getting married! Congrats! That seating chart tool sounds like a life saver,... I will definitely need to check it out!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete